HCTM FORUM FAMILY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detroit, MI - Feb 24

4 posters

Go down

Detroit, MI - Feb 24 Empty Detroit, MI - Feb 24

Post by touchtoomuch Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Saint Andrews Hall,
Detroit, MI
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 08:30 PM

18+ welcome with valid ID. Doors open to the public at 8:30 PM.
touchtoomuch
touchtoomuch
Admin

https://hctm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Detroit, MI - Feb 24 Empty Re: Detroit, MI - Feb 24

Post by SrtaBe Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Ahh...what a show, what a show, what a show...The opening act (South XXX) was a group of 4 young men who played this eclectic version of rock, Moody Blues, with some Latin beats to it every now and then. VERY LOUD and although they told us repeatedly that they loved us, I/we could not understand anything that they sang. They were burning incense on the stage (very weird for us...where we were standing on Midnight side - we thought that they were all high or "something" - "get a load of the incense"). HCTM came on around 10:00 pm and kept going until almost 1:00 (!!!). What did they sing? Umm...let's see: I can only mention the ones that made me go: wtf????? Peccadillo (and the solo will only torque you up tighter than you can imagine...), then Friction...a sweet, slow, saucy and SEXAY song!), Pants, Single Double Triple, Make It Shake, Hard at Work, and Wonder of the World...now this was the one that Java always did. This time Cass did it and he turned it from the over-the-top raunchy bawdy song that was Java-esque to this subtle, sexy, swooning song (I think Swoonin will be changing her name to Swoonin over Cass pretty soon if this keeps going)...(how many times can I work Swoonin into this post...we shall see...) anyway...we saw Midnight, Rah, and Eddy at the Meet n Greet and I nearly swooned (see what I did there?) when Eddy recognized me from the table - I got a hug and picture. What a lovely evening. The venue was great, well organized and they were sweeping us out as soon as the lights came on. One of them came on Facebook today and commented that HCTM rocked it!!!! And they did.
SrtaBe
SrtaBe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Excellent review, Srta!  Thank you for sharing that!

But, oooh, incense ---- my head and sinuses would not have been happy.

So glad to see Wonders back in the line-up!  And after seeing Rick's video on another thread, I am in love with the Cass version!

And let's be honest here . . . . .  who isn't swoonin' over Cass! 

[p.s. --- was Friction the only song off the newest album?]
Mish
Mish

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 pm

There may have been one or two more. I am not the best about remembering every single song they do...and to be honest, I have not studied the new album like everyone else has!
SrtaBe
SrtaBe

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpnbirp Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks, Be.
chirpnbirp
chirpnbirp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content