Re: Bethlehem, PA - Aug 10

Post by chirpnbirp on Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 am

Trying to see if I can get to this one. Pharoah Dunno
chirpnbirp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eee on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:45 pm

First show in 6 months - and on the night that I drop my baby boy off to college . . . I need this show!

It's Musikfest and they have a contest going - who is the hottest . . . .download the app and vote for them ------ even if you aren't going!

http://www.musikfest.org/app/
eee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:52 pm

The healing power of music, eee. I felt it at my last show, and needed it badly that night.

Enjoy yourself at the show, and all the best to your youngest as he heads off to college.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Double ditto datto!

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by eee on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Not even sure you all will read this since it is sooooooooo long after the show.

Warning: It's long and babbling and I ran out of time to proofread it :-/ Sorry.

First, apologies for not posting about it sooner but I am in a dark, dank place right now but informed all my people that I was going "snap out of it" right after Labor Day. Probably not going to "snap out" anytime soon but its time to be a human again.

So here it goes . . .

All the people who said they would go with me ended up bailing so I decided I would go alone . . . .the drive is only 2.5 hours so its reasonable. "Boy Child Born First" was worried about me driving home at night (actually in the early morning) after being up since 5am to get "Boy Child Born Second" off to SUNY Maritime InDoc. I was an emotional wreck but excited to see the Boys in Bandages so close to my home and nothing was going to stop me getting there . . . . so "Boy Child Born First" from here on out to be identified as N and I jumped in the car and drove to Bethlehem, PA listening to Billy Joel. (No HCTM before show N said)

The Musikfest is huge and takes up most of Bethlehem for many days (a week?). It hosts many venues and much entertainment all the days long and if I lived in Bethlehem, I would get annoyed by all the changes in the already challenging traffic patterns.

Super excited that HCTM got to play the pavilion in front of the Steel Stacks which is and will probably always be my favorite back drop for a show.

It was HOT . . . sweat was everywhere.

I digress. . . . N hates concerts of all varieties (even the ones that feature music he actually likes) so he did not hang in front of the stage with me. We got there early so we wandered around and I found Robert and chatted with him for a while and then I decided I would listen to the opening band . . . they were AMAZING! Look them up if you don't already know of them: March Forth Marching Band . . . I believe there were 10 horns on that stage and carnival antics and gyrating bodies all over the place. Loved them.

Here is where it gets tricky --- lots of people loved them and it was HOT and there was a lot of sweat. The guy next to me was obviously a superfan of MFMB and really got into it and he was really sweaty and he was really STINKY . . . zoinks!

I tried to stay up front but I just couldn't, I was so nauseous from his stank (and you all know I can deal with lots of Mummy stink). . . . so I graciously (nauseously) gave up my front row space to Robert and some of his friends. But before I decided to do that SuperDave came over to chat with Robert to announce that HCTM was getting started about 30 minutes later than scheduled because Don Henley was being an ass and refusing to continue to play on the main stage of the Steel Stacks site because of the noise coming from the other side so HCTM would have to wait to go on stage until he was done. So now I knew I needed to bow out of my spot because I could stand the stink of the guy next me anymore.

Fast forward to the boys marching in . . . . I chose the right spot on the grass to wait because they paraded right by me . . . Eddie saw me, smiled and winked at me. Rah and The Flu high-fived me! That alone made my night!

Since it has been so long I can't remember the whole play list but it was mostly the usual suspects and it was interesting to watch them and watch the crowd (usually up near the stage so I don't see the crowd). Lots of virgins!

I love how Make It Shake has become their "jam" song when they feature each musician . . . . . good, good stuff! And of course, the Peccadillo solo was incredible! I do have video of that and will try to share it later!

I was certain they would end up playing an abbreviated show because of Don Henley and their late start but they didn't. As the show was nearing the end, I began to wander to the merchandise: bought a CD and Tshirt and waited for the boys to come out.

They were still playing and one of my main observations from not seeing them but hearing them was how much Midnight sounds like Java in Single Double Triple . . . .kind of weird.

Eddie, Rah and Spaz came out for the meet and greet. Eddie went right for a chair to stand on but when he saw me, came over and hugged me. I told him how much I missed them, that 6 months is way too long to not see them. He squeezed harder and nodded yes. I gave him my CD to sign and before signing it he gestured for me to watch him sign it . . . "We love you" Eddie with a heart and then he kissed me on my cheek. (I haven't washed my face since. . . ;-) )

Spaz was running around with a flashlight, stopping briefly to sign some souvenir and take a picture (if you caught him with your camera perfectly ready--if you didn't, you were out of luck . . . he moved on). Every so often he stopped and did a silly dance and cracked himself up! Too funny.

Rah gave me a really nice, long hug (like friends) which is one of the things I love about his hugs. This one was particularly nice because this was the first show in that run of shows so his wraps actually smelled clean. . . . :-)

I was definitely glad I went and now I am even more excited for this weekend in Cleveland!

eee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Pshaw. I read it.
Not babbly at all. It reads like someone needed a dose of emotional medicine......and got it in spades!

That's a good thing. And I ALWAYS like reading about friends' show experiences. Because it sparks my own memories and positive emotions. And then adds to them.

So, thank you.

And.......it does get better. With time. We adapt. And also learn new things...

;-)

'leventy 'leven

Wait. What?? Rah's wraps smelled clean?!
Are you sure you were at an HCTM show?

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Great review, eee!  And I'm so VERY glad to see you back here.  I have missed you like crazy.  Now if only I could get one of those famous eee hugs. . . . .

I'm so glad you made it to this show, and so glad you had a good time.  Keep your chin up and keep smiling your amazing smile.  And if there is anything we can do to help you feel better. . . . .  you know where to find us.

♥  ♥  ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TDW on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:47 pm

That sounded like sooo much fun! Other than the hot and sweaty. You know I would've just melted in to a corner somewhere. LOL
TDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eee on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Here is a video about the band before HCTM at Musikfest - March Fourth Marching Band ---- Their message is very similar to HCTM. . . .

eee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:50 pm

I read it too - and - it was amazing. I am so glad you posted about it, stink and all, crowds and all...can't wait to see you this weekend!
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eee on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Here is the Peccadillo Solo from Musikfest 2016

eee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:18 pm

This solo gets better and better every time Cass performs it.

And oh, how he owns that stage!

♥ ♥ ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eee on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:21 pm

eee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:07 pm

*like!*