Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:33 pm

@CerberusProtocol33 wrote:Katie and Mille, did they play Fate?
Yes they did play Fate! I'm gonna try and sort out the set list as best as I can in this post.

@CerberusProtocol33 wrote: It doesn't get much better than seeing the horn line just bro-ing out doing cute little kick lines and stuff.
The horns are honestly the greatest. They're huge nerds. Razz Honestly, it's a little better when BB and Flu are playing with Rah. Snatch-mo and Mummy Yo were great, but they're still pretty new at playing gigs, so they weren't nearly as polished as the boys who are normally there. Flu's dancing is always hilarious and BB is just such a ball of energy. They all have little things they do individually, but also a lot more little group section things than what Snatch-mo and Yo remembered to do on Saturday. Razz Love 'em, but I like the regulars better. Smile
There's still a livestream up of the three nerds if you want to watch it! Smile

Ok, so set list... as best as I can manage. Gonna base it off of previous concerts because it was pretty much the same but with a few alterations, like Believe instead of Wonders and no Innuendo.

Carnal Carnival
V.I.P.
Ra Ra Ra
Fenk Shui
Honey
Fate
Bring That Down
Kinda Lingers
Freak Flag (no flag!! Sad )
Damn Good
Where the Sun Don't Shine
Peccadillo
Tip Toe
Pants (double cannon!)
Booty
Funky Little Baby
Everything But
1,2,3ple
Encore: Believe

I think that's all right? But I'm not sure. Like I said, it was pretty much the same as it has been, though.
millefolium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks for your help! I was listening to the Cryptic album while I was doing dishes and remembered Everything But was in the set list. I feel like we got everything.

A little stream of consciousness about the show:

I forgot Mr. Cerb had pretty much only ever heard Pants and Attack of the Wiener Man, so he was a little bit disappointed that Wiener Man wasn't played. But a bunch of the audience had little Freak flags, so that was cool!

Also, I think Java jumps as often as he walks. And I cannot believe the air he gets while jumping. And just keeps jumping. It's pretty amazing. Dude's a flea.

And I'm still randomly snickering when I listen to Booty because Rah's booty dance is gold.
CerberusProtocol33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpnbirp on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 pm

@CerberusProtocol33 wrote:Thanks for your help! I was listening to the Cryptic album while I was doing dishes and remembered Everything But was in the set list. I feel like we got everything.

I forgot Mr. Cerb had pretty much only ever heard Pants and Attack of the Wiener Man, so he was a little bit disappointed that Wiener Man wasn't played. But a bunch of the audience had little Freak flags, so that was cool!

Also, I think Java jumps as often as he walks. And I cannot believe the air he gets while jumping. And just keeps jumping. It's pretty amazing. Dude's a flea.

And I'm still randomly snickering when I listen to Booty because Rah's booty dance is gold.

Lol, you called J a flea! lol! lol! lol!
chirpnbirp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katiec on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:37 pm

@millefolium wrote:Couple of things while I'm thinking of it:
The encore was not Wonders of the World. It was Believe and as soon as it started, Katie and I looked at each other like... what is this, is it Believe, oh my god I think it's Believe, oh my god it IS Believe. We started freaking out hardcore. I know I was jumping up and down. And then we looked up and saw Rah laughing at us. It was great.

There was a moment, I think in 1,2,3ple, where Mummy Yo ended up playing a short little note when he wasn't supposed to. Katie and I crack up cuz we *know* that's not supposed to be there. We're very familiar with the horn lines lol. Then we look up and see Cass and Java looking at each other laughing with these giant dorky grins on their faces and we crack up more. I think some people missed it, but we didn't!

Snatch-mo did a solo somewhere that started off as just one note at a time, punctuated with him holding out a hand with one finger and bringing it down on each note. He brought it up to two notes, then three, but as he was doing it, Eddie and Cass caught on and started doing it with him and Cass was a big smiley dork the whole time. Smile

And that's all my brain can think of right now. Whoops.

Pure gold. We totally lost our shit as soon as we realized it was Believe, and Rah just was laughing and shaking his head. It was hilarious.

I am pretty sure I have a video of Snatch-Mo's solo, I will have to upload it asap! (I'm currently in class but I'll try to do it after!)

I am trying a new thing, uploading my photos to Flickr, so here is the link to the album! (Let me know if it doesn't work, I'm pretty sure I set it to public but I have no idea what I'm doing!)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/138585848@N08/96RK47

In addition, I have some great pictures of both J and Cass that look like they are levitating. I don't understand how they get so much air with so little effort, it just blows my mind!
katiec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katiec on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:39 pm

@CerberusProtocol33 wrote:Thanks for your help! I was listening to the Cryptic album while I was doing dishes and remembered Everything But was in the set list. I feel like we got everything.

I was one of the ones with a Freak flag Smile At one point, Rah pointed at me and nodded approvingly as I was waving it Smile

I can never not think of Rah's booty dance when I hear Booty. It cracks me up every time.

Also, I just thought of one of the photos that wasn't in the album, but was definitely one of the most special mummy moments I've ever had. I think Brianna already explained it, but I found the lady with the picture and I felt the need to post it because it still warms my heart. Smile

katiec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:21 pm

That is a great pic, Katie!
Mish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:23 pm

It sure is!

;-)

And the pics and video are great! Thank you for posting those.

Phunky Pharaoh

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:35 pm

OMFF Java and Cass! "LOL, WHAT'S GRAVITY?"

Photos are so lovely, and y'all are gorgeous af <3
CerberusProtocol33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by millefolium on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:05 pm

@katiec wrote:

I was one of the ones with a Freak flag Smile At one point, Rah pointed at me and nodded approvingly as I was waving it Smile

I can never not think of Rah's booty dance when I hear Booty. It cracks me up every time.

Also, I just thought of one of the photos that wasn't in the album, but was definitely one of the most special mummy moments I've ever had. I think Brianna already explained it, but I found the lady with the picture and I felt the need to post it because it still warms my heart. Smile

I'm still madly in love with this picture and everything that happened before and after it. I honestly don't think I could have asked for a better goodbye. J really treated us well. I think Rah could kinda tell we were sad, too.
Ahh, my Boys. I can't believe it probably won't be until spring til I see them again...
millefolium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpnbirp on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:21 am

Love all of it. Thanks Katie and Mille
chirpnbirp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katiec on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 pm

@millefolium wrote:
Snatch-mo did a solo somewhere that started off as just one note at a time, punctuated with him holding out a hand with one finger and bringing it down on each note. He brought it up to two notes, then three, but as he was doing it, Eddie and Cass caught on and started doing it with him and Cass was a big smiley dork the whole time. Smile

Here is the video of said solo section, including Mummy Yo and Rah's solos as well.

Mummy Yo must have played C# a lot, because that is one note on sax that doesn't require any fingers, and there were times that he would play a funky rhythm on one note while simultaneously doing double jazz hands. I wish I had caught more of it on video, but you can see him start to do it right as Snatch-mo starts playing!
katiec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:26 pm

That might be my favorite solo from that night. <3
CerberusProtocol33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:12 pm

I liked that! He brought an entirely different melody/spin to it! Spiced it up some....
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum