Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm still hyperventilating like every day. Just a little over a month now! Anybody else here know if they're going?
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by Mr TDW on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Here's the details:
Burbon Theatre
1415 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
United States
http://bourbontheatre.com/
avatar
Mr TDW

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 51
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by katiec on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Millie and I have a hotel room reserved, but we're waiting to buy tickets due to uncertainty with the weather and a possible playoff football game we would have to attend for marching band. We'll probably decide within the next week whether or not we're going.

So far the weather looks like it'll be decent, so, fingers crossed!!
avatar
katiec

Posts : 221
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 21
Location : UNI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Do we know who else is going? It'd be great to find each other! Smile
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:08 am

It would be awesome to find each other! I still have a couple friends off the forum who are supposed to go, but that's all I know.
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by big5150foot on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Still waiting on confirmation that we will be making the trek from Colorado. My last chance to say bye to Java! Trying very hard to make this show!!!
avatar
big5150foot

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-11-30
Age : 54
Location : Colorado Springs, Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 pm

IT'S ALMOST HERE. SCREAM WITH ME.
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Katie and I have been screaming all week!! We weren't sure we were going to be able to make it with weather and playoffs and finals coming up, but everything's working out for us to go!! I might still be fighting off this cold, but damn it, we're gonna see J one last time!!!
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Two sleeps!!!
Katie and I are currently watching old livestreams and freakin' out!!
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by katiec on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Tomorrow. Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.
avatar
katiec

Posts : 221
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 21
Location : UNI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 am

@katiec wrote:Tomorrow. Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.

TODAY TODAY TODAY TODAY

lol I'm so excited. And my friends who first showed me the Bob & Tom show version of "Pants" did end up getting tickets after all!

This ridiculous and amazing band had me at "48 to rendez-vous, gonna blow a wad on yoouuu!"
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:54 am

About 2 and a half hours out and our car decided to poop itself, so now we're in a parking lot waiting for a ride. Yay!!
Even with this set back, we planned for plenty of time, so we'll be there!!!! We might need some spots saved, but we'll let you all know. Razz
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:02 am

If you can find me, you're welcome with our crew! We plan on getting there pretty early. I don't *know* but I think Bourbon is a standing only kinda place. Mr. Cerb used to go there a lot, but it's been a while.
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:08 am

You're planning to be up front, right?
We super appreciate it! Hopefully it all works out fine and we get to see all of you in line. Smile
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by katiec on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:18 pm

We are checked into the hotel! We made it! Whew! Smile
avatar
katiec

Posts : 221
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 21
Location : UNI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by Mish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:48 am

Anxiously awaiting reviews of this show and the one in Arkansas the night before! Who played bass? Who was on sax? Any new mummies or new tunes we should know about? Any silly antics that made you smile?

Please share all the details if you were there --- it's gonna be a long time until my next show!

;-)
avatar
Mish

Posts : 2803
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Mish--awaka, of course

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:48 am

@millefolium and @katiec - I'm sorry I didn't end up seeing y'all. I don't do as well in crowds as I used to, so I was not standing at the front. We took refuge a little ways above/behind the tech booth. I love the pictures I got!

Mish - Red says last night's trumpeter was Snatchmo, but I don't think I've ever heard of him? He was fantastic, though. I have a few more tidbits about it over in Random Thoughts, maybe I'll just go copy those here in a little bit. Above all, I got my Java picture!
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by Mish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:50 am

Thanks, Cerberus. I never heard of that mummy. . . . .

Great picture of you and J!
avatar
Mish

Posts : 2803
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Mish--awaka, of course

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Cerb, that's totally ok!! I completely understand about loads of people. I probably wouldn't be able to deal if I didn't have people I knew down front with me. I wish we could have seen you, but there's always other shows in the future! I love your pic with J!

Mish, Snatch-Mo was super new! Last night was his second show and his first was the night before. They had to have some music set out for him, too. The bari player was also a newer fill-in. I think Swoonin' said his name was Mummy Yo and I believe I heard somewhere that he went by Minimum before that, in which case, last night was my second show with him. He's played a couple of times with them. Rah was the only "normal" horn there.
Katie and I will definitely be posting pictures and silly moments and stuff probably tonight or tomorrow after catching up on homework and maybe taking a nap. Razz There are so many wonderful moments and great feelings. I've been so overwhelmed by it all. But I'm so happy that this was my last one and I got to have a good goodbye with J. It was sweet and he said exactly what we needed to hear to make us laugh instead of cry. He was also a bit fuzzy. Razz But I will miss him like crazy.
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by Mish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Thanks, Millie! I'm looking forward to the pics!
avatar
Mish

Posts : 2803
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Mish--awaka, of course

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by SrtaBe on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:44 pm

@millefolium wrote:Cerb, that's totally ok!! I completely understand about loads of people. I probably wouldn't be able to deal if I didn't have people I knew down front with me. I wish we could have seen you, but there's always other shows in the future! I love your pic with J!

Mish, Snatch-Mo was super new! Last night was his second show and his first was the night before. They had to have some music set out for him, too. The bari player was also a newer fill-in. I think Swoonin' said his name was Mummy Yo and I believe I heard somewhere that he went by Minimum before that, in which case, last night was my second show with him. He's played a couple of times with them. Rah was the only "normal" horn there.
Katie and I will definitely be posting pictures and silly moments and stuff probably tonight or tomorrow after catching up on homework and maybe taking a nap. Razz There are so many wonderful moments and great feelings. I've been so overwhelmed by it all. But I'm so happy that this was my last one and I got to have a good goodbye with J. It was sweet and he said exactly what we needed to hear to make us laugh instead of cry. He was also a bit fuzzy. Razz But I will miss him like crazy.

Fuzzy? J? Usually he is stinky. Are you sure you were not the fuzzy one? Just kidding...stories, my friends, stories. Pictures do NOT tell the tale!!!!
avatar
SrtaBe

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 59
Location : South Bend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:54 pm

@SrtaBe wrote:
@millefolium wrote:Cerb, that's totally ok!! I completely understand about loads of people. I probably wouldn't be able to deal if I didn't have people I knew down front with me. I wish we could have seen you, but there's always other shows in the future! I love your pic with J!

Mish, Snatch-Mo was super new! Last night was his second show and his first was the night before. They had to have some music set out for him, too. The bari player was also a newer fill-in. I think Swoonin' said his name was Mummy Yo and I believe I heard somewhere that he went by Minimum before that, in which case, last night was my second show with him. He's played a couple of times with them. Rah was the only "normal" horn there.
Katie and I will definitely be posting pictures and silly moments and stuff probably tonight or tomorrow after catching up on homework and maybe taking a nap. Razz There are so many wonderful moments and great feelings. I've been so overwhelmed by it all. But I'm so happy that this was my last one and I got to have a good goodbye with J. It was sweet and he said exactly what we needed to hear to make us laugh instead of cry. He was also a bit fuzzy. Razz But I will miss him like crazy.

Fuzzy? J? Usually he is stinky. Are you sure you were not the fuzzy one? Just kidding...stories, my friends, stories. Pictures do NOT tell the tale!!!!
There definitely will be stories!! Katie and I stayed up late trying to write down every little funny thing so we could remember and share.
But no! J was fuzzy! He got up on stage and Katie and I looked at each other like... what? He had a bit of a beard! And it was actually... pretty soft, which was nice as he rubbed his face all over mine at the meet and greet. I thought it was gonna be like steel wool on my face. Razz
I also took some videos of little funny moments and also one of Cass's Peccadillo solo! I'll have to upload those and share, too. Smile
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:57 pm

@SrtaBe wrote:Fuzzy? J? Usually he is stinky. Are you sure you were not the fuzzy one? Just kidding...stories, my friends, stories. Pictures do NOT tell the tale!!!!

I barely have a sense of smell, so I couldn't attest to any stank, but holy shit every mummy I hugged was just. S O A K E D. In sweat. Understandably, of course. Full coverage bandages, hot-ass stage lights, jumping around, of course they were sweaty. But it was just impressive. I gotta wonder how much water they drink after shows because I sure didn't see any water bottles during the show. Suddenly I'm really concerned for their hydration, lol.
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by CerberusProtocol33 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:02 pm

@millefolium wrote:Cerb, that's totally ok!! I completely understand about loads of people. I probably wouldn't be able to deal if I didn't have people I knew down front with me. I wish we could have seen you, but there's always other shows in the future! I love your pic with J!

Mish, Snatch-Mo was super new! Last night was his second show and his first was the night before. They had to have some music set out for him, too. The bari player was also a newer fill-in. I think Swoonin' said his name was Mummy Yo and I believe I heard somewhere that he went by Minimum before that, in which case, last night was my second show with him. He's played a couple of times with them. Rah was the only "normal" horn there.
Katie and I will definitely be posting pictures and silly moments and stuff probably tonight or tomorrow after catching up on homework and maybe taking a nap. Razz There are so many wonderful moments and great feelings. I've been so overwhelmed by it all. But I'm so happy that this was my last one and I got to have a good goodbye with J. It was sweet and he said exactly what we needed to hear to make us laugh instead of cry. He was also a bit fuzzy. Razz But I will miss him like crazy.

Hey, can you tell me which one was Swoonin' (which instrument, I mean)? Damn, I didn't know I could chat the guys up. I got their (probably usual) grunt'n'groan routine.

I'll be moving back to Texas in the next year, and as far as I know they never go that far southwest, but I'll just have to find some time that I can travel to a show. Crying or Very sad

I'll make a nice photo/video post here, but if anyone can't wait, there's a few pictures on my instagram. Username 33barbwire, or check the #herecomethemummies tag
avatar
CerberusProtocol33

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-10-06
Age : 28
Location : horrible place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dec. 5 - Lincoln, NE

Post by millefolium on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:14 pm

@CerberusProtocol33 wrote:

Hey, can you tell me which one was Swoonin' (which instrument, I mean)? Damn, I didn't know I could chat the guys up. I got their (probably usual) grunt'n'groan routine.

I'll be moving back to Texas in the next year, and as far as I know they never go that far southwest, but I'll just have to find some time that I can travel to a show. Crying or Very sad

I'll make a nice photo/video post here, but if anyone can't wait, there's a few pictures on my instagram. Username 33barbwire, or check the #herecomethemummies tag
Swoonin' is another forum person!! Her full username is swooninoverJava. Smile She was at the show the night before, so I guess that's where she found out.
Pretty much any mummy besides J is not really supposed to talk, I believe. But sometimes they'll break the rule, or say a couple of words in a funny mummy voice. Razz Other than J, the most conversation you could get out of one would probably just be interpreting gestures and grunts or yes/no kind of stuff.

That's kind of sad! I wish we could have caught you! I hope you can travel a bit to see some of their shows! I know they do a lot in Tennessee and some in Arkansa and Missouri, which might not be *that* far from you. They are, however, very far for my little Iowan ass, so I probably won't be running into you at a concert any time soon. Sad

Also, about the water, they do put out some for the boys on stage. I think they might have put some of it in places they didn't end up seeing, but I remember seeing (and giggling at) J downing a whole bottle in the middle of a song somewhere last night. Razz

Also also, you are super cute in your picture! I know I said I liked it earlier, but you're very cute and J is, well, J. It's a great picture. Very Happy
avatar
millefolium

Posts : 460
Join date : 2015-10-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum