HCTM FORUM FAMILY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bethlehem, PA and New York City, NY; April 19 and 20, 2018

Go down

Bethlehem, PA and New York City, NY; April 19 and 20, 2018 Empty Bethlehem, PA and New York City, NY; April 19 and 20, 2018

Post by SrtaBe Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:29 pm

I broke protocol. I did not see these listed and wanted to post about them. They were the first shows of the year for me...so the anticipation was great. I was warned about new songs and possibly different performers. To my delight, Mummy Yo was there...it looks like he might be a new stable figure...but don't quote me! I told him that I thought he looked quite comfortable and was hilarious to watch: he interacts a lot and jokes around with Cass and the others a great deal (think Java as a matter of fact). Plus, the mummy can wail on a saxophone or two at a time! Funny, but he just growled at me. The guys were tight as usual: No Peccadillo solos to my dismay, but Spaz had a solo with Cruel Old Sun, Eddie Mummy had a solo with one of the older songs (I am running on 4 hours of sleep and this was last weekend, sue me!). Midnight is sporting a giant eyeball on his tophat and one of the new songs is names: Vaseline. I will leave it up to you as to what the lyrics could possible be!

In NYC, BBQueen was a guest mummy and he played for the entire show! As they paraded through the crowd, he stepped out of line and hugged on the 4 of us - be still my beating heart because a mummy recognized me out of a crowd during a show. Later on, they (Rah, BB and maybe Yo) came down and played in the crowd. I was standing there, dancing, minding my own business and someone began to tickle me on the side to my right. Turned: And there he was again! Got to dance with him a bit before he wandered off to find other friends in the crowd. I truly felt special and reminded me of the days when a certain mummy named Java would wander down into the crowd to dance with people during Leaving it up to You...

We heard about Phunky on our way back on Saturday...this put a damper on the weekend, but still looking forward to shows in the future...when I will honor PP by drinking tequila in his honor...and oh yes, shots were done on this trip too.
SrtaBe
SrtaBe

Back to top Go down