Bloomington, IN-March 25th

Go down

Bloomington, IN-March 25th

Post by ClassyMassy on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:07 pm

I was very excited to see this show listed on Pollstar, I had such a great time at The Bluebird last year. I am even more excited to see that it is in late March, which hopefully means I won't have to drive back home through a nasty snowstorm again this year. Who can I expect to see there?

ClassyMassy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloomington, IN-March 25th

Post by SrtaBe on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Whew! The new shows are coming up fast! There is one in Grand Rapids at the end of February, 3 on the East Coast two weeks before this one, Durty Nellies in Palatine, IL on March 18th...and now this one! Cant' tell you if I can make this one, because I am already planning on the East Coast and maybe Grand Rapids...
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumMistress on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Who's faces do I get to see on Friday? I am so excited! It's been over a month and I am simply as cranky as can be lately since I haven't had a chance to shake my ass. Absolutely can't wait!!!!
PlatinumMistress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by derpasaurus on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:20 am

I should be able to make this one.
derpasaurus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:42 am

When can I release that to the media?

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:01 am

@PlatinumMistress wrote:Who's faces do I get to see on Friday?  I am so excited!  It's been over a month and I am simply as cranky as can be lately since I haven't had a chance to shake my ass.  Absolutely can't wait!!!!

I will certainly be shaking it with Miss Beck Naked....
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Post show review. Date: 03/26/2016. Submitted by SrtaBe, erstwhile fan and traveling monkey girl...

Okay, this is based on little sleep (even though I have been home for 5 hours after dropping off the BeckNaked...so she could make bread...and I will probably wander a bit because I am so fricken tired!!!! Show was fantastic. People with their new roles seem to be even more comfortable in them than they were during the East Coast Run. Midnight is smoother still and he and Cass are enjoying some back and forth jokes on stage. I have enjoyed also seeing Spaz coming out more on stage: he and Midnight dueled it out a bit with the two key-tars (hope I have that right). Midnight did a flute solo (no dueling flutes this time, I looked!) and there were double confetti cannons on Pants. They did Fenk Shue with handy lessons from Cass and Midnight. Set list include Bump, Bring That Down, Single Double Triple, Single Entendre, My Party, Hard at Work, Ra Ra Ra and Peccadillo (swoon...swoon...swoon) among others. My camera stopped working at that point so I could not do my "traditional" videotaping of it. I will have to nag someone to send it to me. Crowd was big and the place was packed. This was my first time at the Blue Bird, so I can now check it off my list! Yes, the stage is small, there was no barricade and we were fortunate to be right at the stage on the "Midnight and Pole" side - which was a surreal experience. The stage is low and that means when the Pole comes to the edge of the stage and plants his big ole foot at the edge and sticks his guitar out in the air -directly over your head - all you can do is look up, up, way up and pray that you can get your camera focused in time to get a picture of THAT! There is a large beam that crosses over the middle of the stage; it is so low that Cass can touch it with his hand when he is standing under it. For that reason, I do NOT recall any high leaps in the air!!! Other things about the venue: dark, really dark with multiple levels - you go up, cross over a short aisle and then go down to the dance floor. I am sure that inebriated people have a lot of trouble with that!

And there are some pretty damned funny road stories about this trip that will go on the other thread!!!
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Thank you, traveling monkey girl! I always look forward to and enjoy your reviews.
Sounds like another great show. And the Blue Bird is one I still need to get to and experience.

Did you remember to compliment Beck on her milky white complexion?

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Funny you should mention that. It was out, I took multiple pictures of it and your name was mentioned several times...as it is there was a LOT of milky white skin in the front row. The ladies came dressed to party!! Or should I say, that the "girls" were dressed up to party! (You should have been there...)
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Dammit!

I should have. Of course, in those tituations, I forget to film the band and just end up filming the first row...

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

Back to top Go down

Post by SrtaBe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Psst: I took pictures of that too....I just have to figure out how to get the damned things up on the forum! Again.
SrtaBe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down