Lafayette, IN - July 15

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Lafayette, IN - July 15

Post by MummyRouge on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:55 am

I can describe last nights show in one word.
Sexy.
I'll write up a whole post later, when I'm more awake and coherent and the post-partying-aches fade away. ♡
MummyRouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:46 pm

HCTM was tighter than ever last night.  Will Pharaoh was amazing --- man, that mummy can play.  Like BB before him, he gets better with every show. We were also treated to two flute solos by Midnight. And they played one of my very favorites, Work It Out, for the first encore, with extended solos by each of the guys.  I actually got chills.  
Eddie, Spaz, Midnight, Rah, and (surprise) KW were at the meet and greet. One of the things I loved --- the guys all came into the meet and greet together, and as they walked in, everyone broke into applause for them. They seemed surprised and delighted by that.

The opening act was really really good --  an acapella group from Nashville called Street Corner Symphony.  Check them out:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyRouge on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:38 pm

I took less pictures than I normally do, because man, I was just really feeling the music this show. The boys were so great, Cass' peccadillo solo gave me so much energy and life, and Ra Ra Ra had me dancing like crazy. Every time Cass would make eye contact with me, I'd smile at him and hed smile right back! ♡
A lot of people recognized me out of my Mummy Rouge makeup, which was cool! (Including Rah, who gave me a good makeup smear right on my face after giving me a good bit of flirting. *fans self*)
And a lot of people also remembered me as "that girl with the artwork from the Indy show" and complimented my stuff and gosh I was so flattered, and I really had no idea what to say or do! (cc Gumdrops daughter came up to me during the opening act and I was so touched by her compliments to my art and I kinda froze up and didnt know what to say! I wish I had said more to her, but my stupid brain shut down! Please tell her I said thank you, again!)

also, Sweaty Mummy Hugs are the best, nuff said.
MummyRouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:54 pm

It was good to finally meet you, Rouge! Sorry I didn't see you to say goodbye after the show.

We did have a surprise guest --- Dean/Andy/Wolfdrum decided to come to the show at the last minute. Sure was great to see him.
And I told him that no one here misses him in the least, so he shouldn't even bother to come back to the forum. . . . . . . Wink

I did not take a single picture. Meant to get some group shots before the show, but the "group" kept changing and moving about. At the meet and greet, my only goal was to tell the boys thank you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Sounds like a good time was had.
And few pictures usually means a full satisfying night.

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyRouge on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:52 am

@Mish wrote:It was good to finally meet you, Rouge!  Sorry I didn't see you to say goodbye after the show.
Dont worry about it Mish! The space where the boys were was crowded and I couldnt really find anyone to say goodbye to, either. But it was great meeting you too! I hope I get to see you all again soon! ♡
MummyRouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyRouge on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:55 am

@Phunky Pharaoh wrote: Sounds like a good time was had.
And few pictures usually means a full satisfying night.

;-)

Pretty damn satisfying, indeed!
MummyRouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyMassy on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:35 am

Lafayette was an absolute blast! As previously mentioned, the band was incredibly tight (But we all know that) and the energy in the room was palpable. As previously mentioned by Mish: Street Corner Symphony was fantastic, check them out. The icing on the cake was seeing everyone both before and after the show. Mish, Andy, Andra, Beck, CC & and co., IMJ, and anyone else I happen to be forgetting, thanks for making it a wonderful night!

ClassyMassy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank you, Mass. I love posts like that!

;-)

Phunky Pharaoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:02 pm

And Phunky, they all aks'd fo you.

Everyone had expected you to be at this show.

I explained that packing a dirigible, 100 clowns and 200 cans of silly string is no easy task.

Not to mention all those horny toads. . . . . .

;-)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by c.c. gumdrops on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:25 pm

@MummyRouge wrote:I took less pictures than I normally do, because man, I was just really feeling the music this show. The boys were so great, Cass' peccadillo solo gave me so much energy and life, and Ra Ra Ra had me dancing like crazy. Every time Cass would make eye contact with me, I'd smile at him and hed smile right back! ♡
A lot of people recognized me out of my Mummy Rouge makeup, which was cool! (Including Rah, who gave me a good makeup smear right on my face after giving me a good bit of flirting. *fans self*)
And a lot of people also remembered me as "that girl with the artwork from the Indy show" and complimented my stuff and gosh I was so flattered, and I really had no idea what to say or do! (cc Gumdrops daughter came up to me during the opening act and I was so touched by her compliments to my art and I kinda froze up and didnt know what to say! I wish I had said more to her, but my stupid brain shut down! Please tell her I said thank you, again!)

also, Sweaty Mummy Hugs are the best, nuff said.
No worries Rouge, my daughter was just happy to get to meet you. She has admired your work from this website and she is an artist too so I'm sure you two "clicked". Did you like the "Mad Hatter"hat she made for herself? I noticed you were in the picture I took of Rah picking her up, every one was cracking up! Good times!

c.c. gumdrops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by c.c. gumdrops on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:40 pm

@ClassyMassy wrote:Lafayette was an absolute blast! As previously mentioned, the band was incredibly tight (But we all know that) and the energy in the room was palpable. As previously mentioned by Mish: Street Corner Symphony was fantastic, check them out. The icing on the cake was seeing everyone both before and after the show. Mish, Andy, Andra, Beck, CC & and co., IMJ, and anyos loved it from the live video.ne else I happen to be forgetting, thanks for making it a wonderful night!
Nice seeing y'all too! We had a pretty big group this time, we even brought the kid's Grandma for the first time! She danced her Ass Off ......ha ha!

Was that a Flugelhorn Will broke out ??? That was sweet as butter! I loved hearing Midnight do the flute solos. The percussion in Ra,Ra,Ra and Bring that Down was awesome too! Great time as always can't wait to do it again.

c.c. gumdrops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunky Pharaoh on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Whaaaaaattt??
A flugelhorn???

Damn.

Phunky Pharaoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mish on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:03 pm

I believe CC is right. I saw Will change horns to one that didn't have a mic during Work It Out, then he stepped up to Cass's mic and played an absolutely beautiful solo.

Until CC mentioned it, it didn't even occur to me that it was a flugelhorn, but that mellow tone. . . . yep, pretty sure that's what it was.

Take that, Chuck Mangione.

;-)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2